FORMATS is the leading forum on formal modeling and analysis of timed systems.
Timing aspects of systems from a variety of computer science domains have been treated independently by different communities. Researchers interested in semantics, verification and performance analysis study models such as timed automata and timed Petri nets, the digital design community focusses on propagation and switching delays while designers of embedded controllers have to take account of the time taken by controllers to compute their responses after sampling the environment.
Timing-related questions in these separate disciplines do have their particularities. However, there is a growing awareness that there are basic problems that are common to all of them. In particular, all these sub-disciplines treat systems whose behaviour depends upon combinations of logical and temporal constraints; namely, constraints on the temporal distances between occurrences of events.
The aim of FORMATS is to promote the study of fundamental and practical aspects of timed systems, and to bring together researchers from different disciplines that share interests in modelling and analysis of timed systems.
Learn more about FORMATS on the formats-conference website.
- Rajeev Alur (U. Pennsylvania, USA)
- Eugene Asarin (U. Paris Diderot, France)
- Martin Fränzle (U. Oldenburg, Germany)
- Thomas A. Henzinger (IST Austria)
- Joost-Pieter Katoen (RWTH Aachen, Germany)
- Kim G. Larsen (U. Aalborg, Denmark)
- Oded Maler (VERIMAG, CNRS-UGA, France)
- Lothar Thiele (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- Wang Yi (U. Uppsala, Sweden)
- FORMATS 2016, Québec, Canada
- FORMATS 2015, Madrid, Spain
- FORMATS 2014, Firenze, Italy
- FORMATS 2013, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- FORMATS 2012, London, UK
- FORMATS 2011, Aalborg, Denmark
- FORMATS 2010, Klosterneuburg, Austria
- FORMATS 2009, Budapest, Hungary
- FORMATS 2008, St Malo, France
- FORMATS 2007, Salzburg, Austria
- FORMATS 2006, Paris, France
- FORMATS 2005, Uppsala, Sweden
- FORMATS 2004, Grenoble, France
- FORMATS 2003, Marseille, France